The rich and creamy, yogurt sauce topping this version of Eggs Benedict is made from thick Greek yogurt. It's much easier to prepare than traditional hollandaise sauce.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 ounces Canadian-style bacon, sliced about 1/8-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 4 Kellogg's® Eggo® Nutri-Grain® Low Fat Whole Wheat waffles
- Grated lemon peel (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In blender container or food processor bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, turmeric, salt, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper. Cover and process until smooth. While blender is running, add butter in thin, steady stream. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet cook Canadian-style bacon over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Remove from skillet. Set aside. Cover to keep warm.
3. Halfway fill same skillet with water. Stir in vinegar. Bring to simmer. Break 1 egg into measuring cup. Carefully slide egg into simmering water mixture. Repeat with remaining eggs. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Remove eggs with slotted spoon.
4. Meanwhile, toast KELLOGG'S EGGO NUTRI-GRAIN Low Fat Whole Wheat waffles.
5. Top waffles with Canadian-style bacon and eggs. Spoon yogurt mixture over top. Garnish with parsley and lemon peel (if desired). Serve immediately.