Eggo® Egg Bake
Waffles combined with eggs, bacon and cheese isn’t just for breakfast. This easy casserole also works well for a casual supper or easy lunch.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 95 min
1 package (10.9 oz.)
Kellogg’s® Eggo®Minis waffles
- 9 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Maple syrup (optional)
1. Prepare KELLOGG’S EGGO Minis waffles according to package directions. Tear into 1-inch pieces.
2. In large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, pepper, paprika and salt. In 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the waffles, half of the cheese, half of the bacon and half of the green onions. Carefully pour half of the egg mixture over top. Repeat layers. Pour remaining egg mixture over all. Press waffles into egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 rectangles. Serve with maple syrup (if desired).