Eggo® Banana-Nut French Toast
A dash of milk and egg quickly turn this Eggo® Thick & Fluffy waffle into an easy French toast. Top with sliced banana and toasted walnuts for a perfect, homemade taste. It takes just about 15 minutes for a unique Eggo® twist on a warm & tasty favorite.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 1 Kellogg's® Eggo® Thick & Fluffy Original waffles
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 4 to 5 thick slices banana (about 1/3 small banana)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
1. Place waffle on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, loosely covered, at high for 15 seconds or until just warm, turning waffle over after 10 seconds.
2. Meanwhile, in shallow dish beat together egg, milk and vanilla. Dip warm waffle in egg mixture, generously coating both sides. In medium, nonstick skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add waffle to skillet. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through cooking time.
3. Place waffle on serving plate. Top with banana and walnuts. Spoon dollop of whipped topping on waffle (if desired). Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired). Drizzle with syrup (if desired).