Chicken and Waffle Cones
Waffles are not just for breakfast. Enjoy them wrapped around crispy pieces of chicken in this savory appetizer.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 8 Kellogg’s® Eggo® Homestyle waffles
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen popcorn chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Microwave waffles, one at a time, at high for 15 to 20 seconds or until pliable. Using rolling pin, flatten waffles into 4 3/4-inch circles. Place on baking sheet. Position 1 to 2 pieces of chicken along middle of each waffle. Fold in sides of waffles, overlapping to form cones. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until crisp.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in small bowl stir together mayonnaise, buttermilk, syrup, red pepper, garlic powder and salt. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with green onions.
3. Serve chicken-filled cones with sauce.