Eggo® Waffles with Carmelized Bananas and Yogurt
These banana-topped waffles are "fast food" in the best possible sense. Orange juice brings balance to the caramelized bananas while topping the tasty waffles.
- 8 Kellogg's® Eggo® Homestyle waffles
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fat-free or reduced-fat plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Heat KELLOGG'S EGGO HOMESTYLE waffles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, lengthwise cut bananas in half. Crosswise cut each half into two pieces. In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray place banana pieces, cut side down. Cook over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully turn. Add orange juice. Cook, frequently shaking skillet, about 1 minute more or until banana pieces soften.
3. Top waffles with banana pieces. Pour any remaining juices from skillet over waffles and bananas. Top with yogurt. Sprinkle with almonds.