Key Lime Tartlets
Get a jump on dessert—use Kellogg’s® Eggo® waffles to make tart shells for this easy key lime filling.
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 130 min
Kellogg’s® Eggo®Homestyle waffles
Kellogg’s® Eggo®Buttermilk waffles
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Lime slices (optional)
1. Microwave waffles, one at a time, at high for 15 to 20 seconds or until pliable. Using rolling pin, flatten waffles into 4 3/4-inch circles. Firmly press into eight 10-ounce custard cups or 4-inch tart pans coated with cooking spray. Place custard cups on baking sheet. Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes. Carefully remove waffles from cups. Place waffle shells upside down on baking sheet. Bake at 350° F about 5 minutes more or until crisp. Cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl beat egg yolks with wire whisk until combined. Gradually whisk in condensed milk. Add lime juice, lime peel and food coloring (if desired). Mix well (mixture will thicken slightly).
3. Arrange tart shells right side up on baking sheet. Spoon lime mixture into tart shells. Bake at 350° for 7 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve with whipped topping and lime slices (if desired).