Sausage, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
You decide whether you want poached, scrambled or over-easy. Any type of egg tastes great on this waffle sandwich featuring sausage patties and cheddar cheese.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 small (1 1/2 oz. each) sausage patties or 1 large (3 oz.) sausage patty
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Kellogg's® Eggo® Homestyle waffles
- 1 slice (1/2 oz.) cheddar cheese
1. Cook sausage according to package directions. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
2. In medium nonstick skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until hot. Break egg and slip into skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook slowly for 5 to 6 minutes or until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken. Carefully turn egg. Cook second side to desired doneness.* Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, prepare KELLOGG'S EGGO Homestyle waffles according to package directions. Immediately top one of the waffles with sausage patties. Top with egg, cheese and remaining waffle. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: If you prefer, poach or scramble the egg.