Strawberry Cream Eggo® Empanadas
A sweet blend of fresh strawberries and cream cheese make a tasty filling for these Eggo® Homestyle waffle empanadas. Warm, fluffy and bursting with berries, they’re an easy way to enjoy a homemade breakfast or a quick weeknight dessert.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons small curd cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
Kellogg’s® Eggo®Homestyle waffles
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
1. In small bowl stir together cream cheese, cottage cheese and powdered sugar. Stir in strawberries. Set aside. In another small bowl whisk together egg white and water. Set aside.
2. Place 2 of the frozen KELLOGG’S EGGO Homestyle waffles on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at high for 30 to 40 seconds or until just warm and flexible. Repeat with remaining waffles.
3. Spread one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture down the center of each waffle. Brush waffle edges with egg white mixture. Fold waffles in half, completely enclosing the filling. Use fork to very firmly crimp edges together. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 425° F about 10 minutes or until golden, turning after 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar (if desired). Serve immediately.
Microwave cooking times may vary.